7/27/2009

free tip seekers

I do not write to please anybody but for 'swanth sukhoy' as they call it in sanskrit!
Long ago when I discovered-courtesy of one of my deceased friend, that I can express my views and opinions on the net I started writing on IR.com- only site available at that time, and must have written few hundred articles and perhaps more than 1000 responses. Free ,of course. Some of the articles were worth a research paper value. But in horse racing they don’t get that status- for obvious reasons.
After the departure of ‘old guards’ , I felt I’m unwanted by the new ‘guards’ and therefore , started this blog. I didn’t invite nor requested anybody to promote it .

I love horseracing and therefore, write about it . You may accept or reject what I say or write ,but if you respond –I expect you to be logical and sincere .
This is what I received from an anonymous writer :

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Indian racing scenario and some opinions":
Arre(expletive removed) ke,
racing tips de do, lecture nahin.
Kisko chahiye tera lecture?
Stupid kahinke
Publish this comment.
Reject this comment.
Moderate comments for this blog.
Posted by Anonymous to chanakya-on-racing at July 25, 2009 10:26 PM

Now , what should I say or write? Ignore it ,be more sarcastic or start to prove myself.
No I’ll will do none of above.

I’ve offered my tips for several years in IHRB and for a month on Turfparrot inApril 2008 because IR.com was out of action. A review on these is still available on IR.com under the heading ‘if a butterfly flaps her wings in Brazil….’ 9 out of 11 tips were correct – check it with the databank of –now defunct Turf parrot or with IHRB archives. What does it prove ? Nothing ,in fact, because you are as good as your last tip !

The final answer to this anonymous is – why should anybody(or a tipster) feed these freeloaders ?
Do I have an obligation- moral, legal, humanitarian or otherwise… I don't think so.
if somebody does not like what I say or write he can skip this blog or my writeups elsewhere...
But beggers can't be choosers and demand what they want...
A logical, reasoned out – may be outrageous reply will be appreciated and published…

8 comments:

Rajendra Kumar said...

You are absolutely right,Chanakya. You can choose to do whatever you wish on your blog. Don't feel pressured by the "beggars".
I visit your blog once in a while and I find your posts full of knowledge and sense.

jimmy said...

Hello Chanakya,

I for one always read your write ups and fully agree that some people only want cent per cent win horses. Not interested in the beautiful write-ups which many a times I am also educated by readin it. To my knowledge you have always written sensible reviews. Do continue as good people enjoy and get educated. I missed your write-up on penetrometer readings some time ago. Is it possible to mail me on my email in yahoo also the calculation effect as I have misplaced one formula given by Saif. Thanks a lot,

Jiimy

G Swaminathan said...

Dear Chanakya,

It will be big loss to many of us if you stop writing.Please continue with your excellent writeups.

I do not have words to describe crazy people who write crazier comments without giving out their craziest names.

Swamy

sad sack said...

One "Anonymous' could ruffle you so much, I am surprised..You have wasted valuable space and time only to justify your position.My advice... learn to be thick skinned If you are to survive writing in any public forum..

chanakya said...

well Mr sack,
I'm neither ruffled , nor I've wasted space. Ofcourse I did waste my time, though I don't need to justify myself 'in my domain' .I appreciate,accept and expect comments and criticism, blunt, sarcastic,rustic but not bastardly.I'm sure , you will accept my right not to interact with those whose parentage I'm not sure of!
Asked in a civil way I'll offer my opinion or share my knowledge about various aspects of horseracing and I don't have to blow my trumpet

Anonymous said...

be like TIGER let your talent do the talking and nothing else matters.

Rudolph.A.Furtado said...

"Chanakya", i wonder whats your actual name, for, honestly, thanks for the 'Free Education" on "Horse-racing", especially "Indian Horse-racing". I, myself, am well versed with the sport, being a "Mug" as well as a "Student/horse racing historian" having updated the "Wikepedia Encyclopedia" on the "Mahalaxmi Race-course".You are right, its futile for "free lunches/dinners/breakfasts" in the "dog eat dog world" of Horse-racing, ultimately, its 'connections" and wealth that creates a "Punter winner" at the races.As a "common Punter' its best to play the sport as a hobby, with small amounts wagered and i am writing with 30 years of 'Horse-study" and "Punting".
Thanks for your blogs and keep writing.

chanakya said...

thanks, Rajendra,Swamybabu and anonymous for your kind words.
jimmy,
some articles and replies ar available on IR.com dated 8Sep 08.Due to paucity of time I've not been able to devise a formula correlating speed and PR value.may be waiting for some more intelligent person to do it!
I recollect Saif on IHRB giving a simplistic relationship between speed and PR value by stating that 0.1 increase/decrease in PR will decrease/increase speed by 0.1 seconds.Frankly I don't agree with this simple relational equation, because interdependence between speed and PR value is much more complex and needs analysis of several hundred(if not thousand) races and i've no time for that!however , if I find something new I'll post it here as well as in IHRB- copy to you.

Mr. Furtado,
I don't know whether you are a 'Goanese'- rhyming with Portugese but your 'jindadilli'makes me to say that I admire your frankness rarely seen in this game.well, my name is not chanakya but for all practical purpose it has become associated with me and will remain so.,because at the begining of my internet'education' I could not use my original name as it was used by some one else.My aim to write on net is to provide info and opinion ,as I perceive it,without making any effort to provide - ready made food. I'll continue to do that.