11/05/2010

activating the blog

WISHING A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DIWALI TO ALL

I was not able to post anything on my blog due to serious sickness of my close family member and though saying sorry to my well-wishers and readers is not mandatory, I must say so. 8 to 10 months inactivity demands that!

I'll try to be regular and help my 'followers'by sharing my views, opinions and knowledge for whatever it is worth and hope that some of you will gain something from this blog.

I'll start posting my selections,following the same method- principles and accounting methods, which I left halfway during last winter season, due to personal obligations to my family and hope that I'll do better this time.

welcome to all...

chanakya

4 comments:

DASH said...

HAPPY DIWALI AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
regards
--DASH--

pathfind007 said...

Dear Chanakya,

Many of ur articles have been very revealing and informative including the article on penetrometer readings.

I have a request. In case u do post selections for a particular raceday, could u please post ur selections/pointers by 11 a.m. morning. Because any post later than that time will not be able to be read by all ur followers. It is a request only.

Regards

Destiny Calling said...

Hi,
Wish you the best

chanakya said...

DASH and Mr. Rajgopal,
thanks for your greeting and good wishes. I'll try to br more interactive in future.

Pathfinder,
thanks for your appreciation of my efforts.
I understand your point of posting my selections early but I've a practical problem. I'm not a computer savvy man. I still calculate manually my ratings and you may be surprised to know that it takes me 5 to 7 hrs.(dependinding on no. of races)to study form, past performance,incorporating only the bare essential parameters in my selection procedure. I get the race book at 6PM and spend almost 2hrs. to study the current form(trackwork)and convert them to symbolic reminders at the racetime. In the morning 3 to 4 hrs are spent in calculating speed rating(I study last1 year's performance)and rarely could finish before 12 or 12.30PM. I hope you will understand my predicament and inability to accede to your suggestion. But I'll still try to post as early as possible.

regards,

Chanakya